Currently I'm...
Reading...A Column of Fire by Ken Follett (good!)
Playing...baseball with the family
Watching...Casper (from when I was a kid) for family movie night
Trying...to figure out how to garden with no money
Cooking...toast with honey and feta
Eating...Caesar salads and cheese
Drinking...red wine
Calling...my dad to help with the truck
Texting...my brother about my new niece
Pinning...home stuff, this journal prompt
Tweeting...huh?
Crafting...not much lately
Scrapping...some Valentines...soon
Doing...augering the main pipe regularly to get those last straggler tampons
Going...outside
Loving...the weather forecast
Hating...nothing
Discovering...our old haunts
Enjoying...the thought of coffee with Cloud (she is sitting on my lap)
Thinking...I need to put out some bird seed today
Feeling...good
Hoping...Taven meets lifelong friends on his baseball team
Listening...to the coffee maker...it's almost done!
Celebrating...Mardi Gras
Smelling...coffee
Thanking...my Dad for helping us pick up our new (Craigslist) washer and dryer
Considering...a day of reading, but I need to clean (an hour) and homeschool plan a little (30 minutes tops) and watch the Rockets (2:30)
Finishing...the laundry pile
Starting...a new day, let me get my coffee already!
_____________________
No formal work this week. We had our annual Girl Scout trip to the beach house Tuesday-Thursday and the weather was too nice on Monday to stay in.
We checked in on one of our old favorites, Sheldon Lake State Park.
Reading...A Column of Fire by Ken Follett (good!)
Playing...baseball with the family
Watching...Casper (from when I was a kid) for family movie night
Trying...to figure out how to garden with no money
Cooking...toast with honey and feta
Eating...Caesar salads and cheese
Drinking...red wine
Calling...my dad to help with the truck
Texting...my brother about my new niece
Pinning...home stuff, this journal prompt
Tweeting...huh?
Crafting...not much lately
Scrapping...some Valentines...soon
Doing...augering the main pipe regularly to get those last straggler tampons
Going...outside
Loving...the weather forecast
Hating...nothing
Discovering...our old haunts
Enjoying...the thought of coffee with Cloud (she is sitting on my lap)
Thinking...I need to put out some bird seed today
Feeling...good
Hoping...Taven meets lifelong friends on his baseball team
Listening...to the coffee maker...it's almost done!
Celebrating...Mardi Gras
Smelling...coffee
Thanking...my Dad for helping us pick up our new (Craigslist) washer and dryer
Considering...a day of reading, but I need to clean (an hour) and homeschool plan a little (30 minutes tops) and watch the Rockets (2:30)
Finishing...the laundry pile
Starting...a new day, let me get my coffee already!
_____________________
No formal work this week. We had our annual Girl Scout trip to the beach house Tuesday-Thursday and the weather was too nice on Monday to stay in.
We checked in on one of our old favorites, Sheldon Lake State Park.
The tower was windy as usual.
See the kids under the bench?
Mirek figured out how to block the wind.
Nature journaling at the bottom.
The Girl Scouts decorated some white shoes with unicorn spit (not snot).
Mixing drinks is always a favorite of the kids. One of the Girl Scouts is making me a "Berry Alcohol."
Lela's boyfriend.
Back on Friday. Naia saw this over my shoulder while I was perusing Pinterest and asked to make it.
It's almost baseball season so we decided to go play at some nearby fields.
Taven was obsessed with baseball just a few months ago and made a select team that starts practicing in one week. However, he is currently obsessed with basketball (whatever the pros are playing at the time pretty much) so we need to get his mind back to the diamond. Pretty easy with this one. A natural.
The girls read their first 500 pages for our reading challenge and both wanted a treat at Barnes and Noble. Just us ladies! Side note: I cannot believe the amount of money people spend on books when the library is free! I understand buying reference books but picture and chapter books? I wish people would just give me that money they are spending and I will show them how the library works.
We went by Goodwill on the way home because we need some bowls (the kids break all of them). While I was looking around I hear giggling and "mom! Come see!"
It was a rainy day and I was glad to get back home to my bed. Fun little outing though.
That's it! Our week in review. I plan on a full four days of lessons this next week. We shall see if that happens. I don't know. The forecast is looking mighty fine.
I am waiting for that book from the library! LOVE Naia in the shoes.....and uh, I'm pretty sure there is no alcohol mixing at GS meetings.....not in MY day anyway!
ReplyDeleteThis was not a girl scout event! Just some homeschool friends getting together ;)
Delete