I am very late with this post. I'm trying to get caught up here so that I may document our days more faithfully come the new year. My goals are to be more organized, thoughtful (about life and goals and homeschool, etc.), and less distracted.
Anyway, more on that later.
We went on a pretty long trip back in November. Our first stop was Colorado Bend State Park.
It took a while to set up camp as it was a walk in site. However, I think we had the best site there was. We had a large tree for climbing and shade. We were right on the river as well which kept the kids occupied and gave me a few moments of peace...here and there.
We made the hike to Gorman Falls on our second day there. I quite enjoyed the landscape. I thought the falls themselves were a little underwhelming, but hey this is Texas y'all. We're not really known for our waterfalls.
We also hiked to this other little waterhole. I can't remember what it's called but the kids loved it. The rocks were slippery though so I pretty much just sat there watching them and repeatedly saying "stop running, you're going to die."
We drove from here to Austin for a baseball tournament. I didn't really take any pics (maybe a few on my phone). Taven's team played really well though and came in 2nd place. We stayed in Austin 4 or 5 nights before driving to Caddo Lake to meet Naia's Girl Scout troop. I will make another post for that trip.









































No comments:
Post a Comment