Thursday, August 18, 2016

Relative Perfection

We had the most perfect first week of homeschool! It's not really the first week but it is our first week with Lynni. Everything worked out so smoothly, I am thrilled! And props to Beatriz for getting Lynni here on time every day! (Ha!)

We do morning basket at 9:00 (everyone is up by then these days!), Lynni is here by 9:30 and we do math for 45 minutes, then freedom journal, and copywork. Next, everyone takes a lunch break and I get Tokunbo down for a nap. After our break, we do whatever two once a week subjects we have for the day, I have a beer, and then everyone does their silent reading together last. Lynni leaves at 2:00 and we have an hour for chores and cleaning. Screens are allowed at 3:00 but the kids really only watch them for about 30 minutes before moving on to more exciting things.


 Banana bread. I added molasses.


 The one surviving hen from our four spring chicks started laying eggs. They are supposed to be a green or blue color. They are greenish gray. I told Wale they were like Easter eggs and he said "let's break it open and see if there is candy inside!"



Second day of homeschool fashion.



Grandpa found us six 55-35 million year old fish fossil specimens from the Green River Formation in Wyoming at a garage sale. Here is Shina preparing his. If done properly, it should only take him about 30 more hours...




We went on a nature walk in search of wildflowers Thursday morning.


 There has been a lot of rain lately and it seems the trail fell into the creek.



 And it was a little flooded around "the mountain." Normally I would have told the kids go for it, but we had just walked past what I think was a Water Moccasin (I didn't get the best look).







 As soon as we got home it started to thunder, lightning, and pour rain. We all had a light bulb moment! Let's make boats!






 Here is Ayomide attempting to save the life of her passenger (a small Barbie she found at the beach house). Unfortunately, Barbie drowned and Ayo was quite upset. Eh. Life goes on...well for some.


 Lynni was smart and put a seat belt on her Barbie (Ayomide insists she had a seat belt but it kept falling off).


In other news, today is Ade's birthday!


 We bought him wine and a shirt. The kids made cards and we had cake.


Hoping next week is as good as this week!

2 comments: