Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Fall is in the air...well not literally...it's still pretty warm.

We have been going to fall carnivals, having apple taste testings, carving pumpkins, etc. The weather has been fine but I am ready for a real cold front. 

We moved on from Native Americans to European explorers. We made hardtack and wrote letters to Christopher Columbus applying for a job on one of his ships.


I found this red caterpillar out front and had a hard time identifying it. However, I was able to determine that it will become a White-blotched Heterocampa Moth.



While watching the red caterpillar I looked over and saw Tokunbo tossing an orange one about like a rag doll. I would later learn that they actually start off green and change color when they are getting ready to pupate. So orange comes before red I believe.


Arboretum.





Fall Carnival at my niece's school (and where my sister teaches).
















Lynni's birthday party.




Apple taste test.


Everyone chose Pink Lady as the winner and Red Delicious as last place. I agree.


Apparently, the Jazz apple smells like a baby diaper.


Wale LOVES the little oranges without seeds. He will eat an entire case in two days. There were five left and Shina wanted some. I gave him two and Wale three. Well, he became very upset and I decided it was time to place Santa's magic globe on the mantle.

Here is Wale hiding from Santa while he cries about having to share his oranges.



He was finally able to gather himself while under the jacket and came out to wave to Santa and prove he was not crying.


Early morning games (Lynni called in sick for school).


Pumpkin carving.


Dirt eating.




We didn't get too many seeds from our pumpkin but we Worchestershire sauced them up anyway. Mmmmmm.


Happy fall y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment