Last week I caught Shina doing his chores dressed up like a cowboy. After he finished, he created this game where he reads to Wale from a chapter book about a bull rider (fiction) in a cowboy/country voice and then they act out the scene. Wale is the "nervous" bull rider on "King Midas," the biggest baddest bull in the rodeo. The game went on for a good hour. I took a video but it's pretty dark.
Shina's buddy Carter got the kids Pie in the Face for Christmas (a late gift we received last week). Somehow, Ayo was "pied" nearly every time.
Kunbo was very quiet for a good long while before I went in search for her. She had found Shina's Valentine candy and demolished it...wrappers and all.
The Lone Star Trail is a 140 mile thru hike that perhaps we can do completely when the kids are older. For now, we hiked about 5 miles in 3 1/2 hours or so. Between Kunbo's pace and the kids wanting to stop and play at every creek crossing, our hiking is slow going.
Rest time. The butterflies seemed to like this open road as well.
A long video of Kunbo hiking.
Back home. I knew this was going to be the last fairly sunny day for a while. So I went to sit outside and have a beer, listen to some music, you know, chill. My peace usually lasts about 5 minutes before the kids realize where I am and all come running to spoil my serenity. Ah well.
Wale's stick collection. He brings at least one home from every place we go now.
My husband is off today and I have been promising to do some cleaning for a while...dang it. The kids are playing outside in the rain and I am procrastinating. We received some hand me down board games from friends but I am making the kids wait to dig in. I am still working on organizing Legos, games, science kits, puzzles, and craft supplies. I can't stop moving furniture. Nothing is working for me...it just doesn't look right...
We are staying home today and my plan is to not leave the house for the next three days either. We are going to figure out where we want furniture, clean, read, and hopefully play some board games after they are nice and organized. We have a couple of puzzles we have not done yet as well. I think I would like to designate a table as an arts and crafts/puzzle table. We have a Lego table upstairs and those are played with enough to leave it be. We are always taking in the neighbors "free" furniture left on the street so I think I can manage it. A food only table, a Lego table, and an arts and crafts/puzzle table. The boys have a train table in their room and the girls have a karaoke table/station in their room. We have no actual homeschooling table now but who needs that right? We have beds, couches, and lap desks for true comfort.
Funny snippet: Wale was watching Power Rangers on the laptop this morning. He mentioned how the battery does not work and he has to plug the laptop in "just like in the olden days." Also, his siblings keep telling him that Power Rangers are not real. They are just acting. He firmly insists that "there are no cameras! Just look! See! No cameras!"
Funny snippet: Wale was watching Power Rangers on the laptop this morning. He mentioned how the battery does not work and he has to plug the laptop in "just like in the olden days." Also, his siblings keep telling him that Power Rangers are not real. They are just acting. He firmly insists that "there are no cameras! Just look! See! No cameras!"
This is a funny one! The olden days...haha
ReplyDelete