The new schedule is working perfectly. Always a good reminder for myself not to follow anyone else's routine. Personalities, who works well together, who doesn't, who is a morning person, who isn't, who needs to share books and can they work at the same time or not, etc. must all be taken into account.
Eaden said she wants to learn what she will use in life "like about credit scores and if I can pay less for a house if I have good credit." I was not wondering about that at 13, but okay!! I got this book through ILL from the library. It is oddly written (as the author admits), but there are some helpful forms that I copied before returning it.
I have been looking into interior design resources for Naia, like diy.org. I need to look further into this and maybe let the girls paint their room, rip up carpet, or some such project.
I need to look into more science and engineering resources for Mirek. He was very interested in a book I read to him about astronaut Scott Kelly. I see a lot of kits at Goodwill like snap circuits and engineering projects but they are all taped shut and I'm unsure if all or even most of the pieces are there. If the price is very low, I might buy one and see...
In Labyrinth of the Spirits, a book I recently finished, the characters are always going to little cafes and drinking spiked coffee or wine (set in Spain). There are cozy sounding bookstores and it always makes me want to go sit alone in a corner of one to drink and read. But nothing exists like that here. Also, smaller places tend to be too crowded for me. I do go to B&N often because it is near dance and TKD and I have time to kill. However, I never buy anything or sit down. I take pictures of books to look up and perhaps request, maybe buy a coffee, and leave. So that got me thinking about creating a home library with a cozy reading spot. We don't have many books. I have sold them or given them away over the years. I am an avid library user. However, I don't need a million books (I have nowhere to put them anyway). Just the ambiance, lighting, coziness, alcohol, and solitude are what I'm looking for. I've been pinning on Pinterest. I guess when my kids move out I can use one of their rooms lol.
I skimmed the Wild+Free book (popular with homeschoolers on Instagram). It was very cliche. There were a lot of quotes. It was all good and right and correct though. It would be helpful for new homeschooling moms for sure. However, the writing style is as if I wrote a book lol. Nothing very original. A lot of overused quotes from my Pinterest feed. Also, I don't like to be rude and hurt feelings, but no one reads this so I feel comfortable saying that the wild+free community consists of a lot of curated feeds while the moms talk about being authentic. I don't mind curated feeds, but they don't interest me much if I'm being honest.
I'm not doing that great with my nighttime routine, but that's okay. I have everything ready for the homeschool day and I have been waking up at 5:30 which gives me time to make copies if I need to. I did finish The Crown last night so that will help me not want to watch tv. We will see how it goes tonight. I'm usually not in much of a thinking mood around bedtime I suppose. I'm more of a morning person. I think if I get in the habit though, and start thinking (one thought leads to others), I will think more at night lol. If that makes sense. The tables in the house have stayed clear, but not my room. Curriculum books tend to pile up there. I will work on that.
I have done well cooking after I drop Eaden off at dance and before I take Mirek to TKD. Baseball starts next week though so that will not work on Mon and Wed anymore. Maybe crockpot meals on those days. Or crockpot on Monday, cook a lot Tuesday, and have leftovers Wednesday...
The country study has been going well. The kids enjoy traveling on YouTube and have concocted all sorts of travel plans in their minds. I think backpacking Europe is a perfect goal for all of us as a family. Maybe around the time Lela is 12 or 13. Eaden would be 20 or 21. Let's start saving!!! On top of the other trips we are [aka should be] saving for!!! Ha!! Or the kids will get jobs and pay for themselves (and me). That's a better plan.
I really want to exercise but obviously now is not the time to go to the gym (Covid). It would be so convenient though while I wait for dance and taekwondo...maybe in a few months. I cannot motivate myself much out of the gym for some reason. I hike a lot but I mean more intense cardio (to bring on the endorphins). I've thought about trail running but I like to take my time and look around on hikes...and carry a camera.
I need to deep clean the coop and start preparing the garden. I want to plant more for the birds and bees this year. I should definitely plant way less tomatoes... and get a bird bath. I will have to keep Taven with his BB gun and blow gun out of the backyard though.
My Kalanchoe!
___________________________________________________
There were a few days with no renters so we headed to the beach house. I love walking the beach searching for treasure. I would like to do it alone one day...
No comments:
Post a Comment