Sunday, December 4, 2016

Missing my Tokunbo

We did not take Tokunbo with us camping. She stayed home with my husband. We have never been away from each other for that long and I missed her a lot. I am sure she missed us as well. However, her welcome home for me was very underwhelming. I thought she would be over the moon excited but she just stared as if she had seen a ghost. No smile or anything. I held her and hugged her and still... no smile. Maybe shock. I took her to the car where the kids were still stuck behind ice chests and tents and mounds of blankets. I opened the door. Little Shina's head popped out and there it was! A big wide grin. Whew.

 Speaking of Shina, he finally lost his first tooth! (Some of these are pre camping pictures).


Trouble.



Ayo and some of her Girl Scout friends were in the Tomball Holiday Parade.




This is Tokunbo on the day we came back home from camping. I forgot to mention that it was her 1st birthday! 


She loved her present.



The next day was Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa's house.


We picked out our tree on Friday and decorated the house.


I know I have talked about Wale's Worchestershire sauce addiction before. I think he overdid it this time.





The library recently purchased these neat Braille books and the kids have been trying to guess what the pictures are of (the pictures are raised, soft, bumpy, etc.) Pretty cool.


All is well now with little Tokunbo. She is following and loving her mama as she should. Here she is "whipping" with her sister just like old times.




1 comment: