This was an awful reading month. I think I started around 8 books and finished none. I am going to the library today. Almost all of my books are overdue because of how I decided to read them lol so I need to pick and choose.
Taven's baseball team was supposed to go to Destin this summer, but cancelled. It got me thinking about taking another big road trip but we really don't have the money. I think the team is going to Portland, TX (near Rockport/Corpus) instead and I will probably just focus on my garden and keep homeschooling through summer. Perhaps we can join the Y just for the summer months and Mirek can work on his swimming.
I want to do the outdoor mom post each month to ensure that I am getting the kids outside. I feel like Mirek and Lela are not getting near as much outdoor time (nature walks) as the older kids did when they were their age. The older kids still need it too. Naia is leading a trail running badge for her Girl Scout troop and they have to train this month and complete the run at our camping trip in April. So that should give us plenty of opportunities to get outside.
I found this website called Georgia Virtual Learning from the Georgia Department of Education and it seems pretty good. I might have Eaden complete a couple of courses and see how it goes. It is all free.
I heard about Masterpiece Society Art courses online and am keeping it in mind. I am not spending any money right now but it looks great.
Mirek
Mirek keeps saying he loves science but we really do not do much besides read about it or watch Youtube videos. He did watch the entire new Magic School Bus series but said he doesn't want to watch "the 90's ones." I am going to start doing the free Mystery Science activities with him and attempt to follow this Magic School Bus plan from Homeschool Belle. I should be able to get the books from the library and I'm pretty sure the shows are on Netflix. We do have some of the science kits from a few years ago but not sure all the pieces are there...
I would also like to make a wall calendar for Mirek and Lela similar to this one.
I'm thinking of selling our K Bookshark and buying Build Your Library (will get almost all books from the library) for Mirek. I do not see myself using Bookshark with Lela. It was just kind of okay for us at that level. The Reading with History is all I really like and K doesn't have that. I also think we will use BYL or something similar in the future anyway.
________________________________________
Homeschooling like it's my job. I read this article before, but it came up again and I needed it. The girls start their work earlier and finish earlier. Taven starts later and finishes later. Mirek gets lost a lot. He always wants to play with Legos or play pretend with Lela or build forts and I usually let him. I need more of a dedicated time with him early. Reading first is needed. I've said this before but it doesn't really happen. Our routine has been very consistent but a lot of the older kids work is independent so they get it done. I just call Mirek to do work when I have time and that is inconsistent. What requires me doesn't always get done (and Mirek always requires me) because of outside commitments, trying to clean before leaving, checking Facebook, etc. These things need to stop and they are all on me.
_____________________________________________
This was the only photo on my camera for the entire month. It just goes to show the problem I am having with my phone. There is no way I would ever want to stop taking photos and videos but I can use my camera instead of the phone and share one day a week or even every two or three weeks on the blog. No more phone!!!









































No comments:
Post a Comment